[VHFcontesting] Andros 2 piece N connectors

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Apr 11 01:09:41 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:07:02PM -0500, flearl at msn.com wrote:

>         I am getting ready to install my VHF/UHF antennas soon. Anyone use the Andros 2-piece N connector?  What do you think?  I am a bit skeptical, always thought Amphenol made the best N connectors, was unaware these existed. These would be used on Belden 9913F7 cable.

I have used these with RG8 (bury-flex) and RG11 coax and even RG8X
(with adapter).

The biggest issue I have with them is that the Bury Flex's center conductor
is too large to fit into the center conductor - so you have to trim off some
of the strands to make it fit.  This isn't a very "fun" thing to have to
do.

They would not approach the WX proof ability of the standard N connectors
with gaskets.  However, they sure are a lot easier to put together.

Tree N6TR / K7RAT - ABCDE
tree at kkn.net