[VHFcontesting] DEM 903 transverter power output

Lee Scott - AA1YN aa1yn at aa1yn.com
Thu Apr 20 13:23:10 EDT 2006

At 11:55 AM 4/20/2006 -0500, dpease at adams.net wrote:
>Just curious, what do those of you that use the 10 watt DEM 903 transverter
>see for measured outout in CW?  I have 2 and they both run about 6 watts
>out.  Is this typical or are both of mine a bit low?
>
>Danny NG9R

Looking back in my notes, mine was just a hair over 10w. I tweaked each
state as measured with an HP 435 while I was putting the kit together.  Do
not tweak the output of the LO with the mixer attached.

Also make sure your drive power is correct.

I have a homebrew amp based on an Ericsson PTF 10160 so Mine is now
throttled back so 5 watts drive gives me 3 watts out at 903 which drives
the amp to 85w.

Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com