[VHFcontesting] IC-7000 - Best VHF contesting rig?

Bruce Herrick bdh at teleport.com
Sun Apr 30 22:39:20 EDT 2006

The problem with the QST review is that after the comment about the
multimode transciever the reviewer goes on to talk about repeater
offsets, nonstandard splits, CTCSS encode/decode, and other FM stuff,
and says not a word about the rig's weak signal VHF/UHF performance.  I
did not find anything in this review that would make me interested in it
as a VHF+ rig, but it looks like a nice HF portable.

Bruce WW1M