[VHFcontesting] W9SZ ARRL UHF 2006

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Aug 8 10:57:43 EDT 2006

                   ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W9SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN50rl hill near Gibson City, IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  222:  13     39      9
  432:  18     54     10
  903:   3     18      3
  1.2:   6     36      6
  2.3:   2     24      2
  3.4:   3     36      3
  5.7:   2     24      2
  10G:   1     12      1
---------------------------
Total:  48    243     36      Total Score = 8,748

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Weather was near-perfect but a little on the warm side.  Conditions were
very poor.  I can often hear the K3SIW beacons through 3456 MHz from the
hilltop I was on but could just barely hear the 903 beacon in the noise on
Saturday. No other beacons heard that day.

At about 8 pm I didn't feel well so I decided to wrap it up around 9.
Went out with a bang when I worked W9ZIH through 10 GHz for my final
QSO's.

There were hordes of Rovers out but I could barely hear them.

Looking forward to September.

73, Zack W9SZ