[VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 48, Issue 5

kevinemtid at sbcglobal.net kevinemtid at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 9 12:42:48 EST 2006

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 18:20:16 -0500
From: Dan_K9ZF
Subject: [VHFcontesting] head sets
To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer

Anyone ever use the Warren Gregoire head sets?

How is the tx/rx audio quality?

I picked up a new FT897D primarily for Roving, and need a new head set.
Currently, this is about the only one in my price range!

73
Dan
--
K9ZF /R no budget Rover

Hi Dan, I have used a Warren Gregoire for about 5 yrs. I got it initially for my FT-100D and kept it for use with my -897 after I sold the -100D. It is an Excellent headset for the Price. Very Lightweight, so you really don't notice that you are wearing it after awhile. I have gotten Excellent audio reports after I got the mic set the proper distance from my mouth. (Too close and you get reports or being muffled) The assembly is no big deal for anyone who has done any building. And even for a novice builder, Warren offers Excellent Phone Support. He is Very Nice to deal with and he doesn't laugh at stupid questions. I know as I had a few when I was building the headset (genius that I am. ;) )  Just remember it is Not a Heil, its more cheaply built obivously. Also you will have to add some type of mechanism to hold the earphones inplace on the headset. Mine had the tendency to slide down from the head piece, an easy fix. Email me and I can enlighten you. He may have already
 provided a fix for this in the newer models. The earpiece audio quality is very good and are very quiet with keeping out the ambient noise. I have 2 little girls that come down to visit me in the shack and they can only get my attention by tapping me on my shoulder because I don't hear them! Any other questions email me at kevinemtid at sbcglobal.net. I'd be happy to answer them. Also I can send picts if you'd like.

  73, Kevin NZ1I