[VHFcontesting] contest logging software: current fave?

Tom Carney tomc7 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 13:03:13 EDT 2006

Jeffrey Embry wrote:
> Zack,
>
> I have been using N3FJP for a number of years now for vaious
> contests...and truth be told I don't mind the not logging dupes so
> much.   If memory serves me correctly, the VHF does the same thing
> unless there is a "/R" as part of the call to account for Rovers.
>
> If you express your concerns to Scott, he may do an update to allow
> dupes to be logged.
>
> 73,

Yes, the VHF program does the same thing, IE it will not allow you to
log a dupe.  If you are using the logging program in post contest mode,
the dupes occurred days prior to you entering the QSOs.  Since the dupe
occurred, it should be logged.  It's possible the other station entered
your call wrong during the previous contact.  If you don't log the
second one, he would get a "not in log" during log checking.  Now as far
as I know, ARRL is not currently doing log checking of VHF contest like
they do for HF so it's not a big deal.  If they ever do start computer
log checking, it becomes a bigger problem.

I did express my concern to Scott several years ago.

73,  Tom  K6EU