[VHFcontesting] Dupes...to log or NOT to log

John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK k9jk73 at msn.com
Mon Jul 3 19:01:46 EDT 2006

Trying AGAIN to get a Subject change to be more reflective of the PRESENT
discussion...remember folks...it IS possible to change the Subject.

Another facet is for the station who does NOT think the QSO is a
dupe...likely it was a mis-entry due to bad typing, bad conditions,
QRM...something like that so, if somebody told me we HAD already worked
(i.e. it was a DUPE) and my logging program said we had NOT, I would actualy
WELCOME the other station indicating to me the time or some info about the
previous QSO that was in THEIR log (but not in mine)...a hot button for a
"notes" screen that could pop up where I could make a quick entry and that
would be linked to the "replacement" QSO would be a nice feature in a
logging program.

Of course I still log on paper (still *my* "favorite" logging program) and
enter into Excel, post contest, to make my Cabrillo formatted "QSO:" lines.

73, JK