[VHFcontesting] coax for 50 and 144 questions

David Ashworth fathom at dslextreme.com
Sun Jul 9 01:35:49 EDT 2006

 Hi to all, thank you for the answers to my previous questions about
stacking and rotors.  I learned a lot.  Now, a couple of questions and
wonder what you are using that works.  Here is the statement and the
questions:  Have some 9913 that feeds a multi-band vertical for 5 years or
more.  Heard that it may suck up water, no troubles yet.  Now, we write a
clean slate. Say I would like to put up beams on a new mast for 50 and 144.
What coax would the group recommend?  I am curious, I have heard about this
LMR-400, etc,  but have not seen any of it.  If it is like 9913, it would
not like to turn around and around.   What connector from the high dollar
run (LMR)  to the pigtail coax that likes motion would you advise? What type
of coax would you use for the pig tail?  Just full of questions.  The run
would be 100'. Thank you much for your assistance, Dave, NC6P.