[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants

Alex kr1st at amsat.org
Mon Jul 17 20:25:08 EDT 2006

Hi Ev,

That's very impressive! The maps really give you a nice perspective of
what the propagation was like in different areas. It's also nice to be
able to see what your neighbors in the same grid were able to work. Much
more informative than just "dry" numbers. During contests I often ask
how my buddy how he's doing and with this system we'd be able to see
each other's score without having to interrupt each other.

You know, it would be really cool if you could project two logs on a
single map for comparison. That way you can instantly see if someone
else in the same grid was able to work grids you didn't hear, or if you
missed an opening, etc. With all that log data available you can do some
fun stuff. Of course, don't let your boss catch you writing overtime for
the weekend while you were running 100+ QSOs an hour. ;-)

If I had an "always on" internet connection I'd certainly participate in
it. Maybe a post contest Cabrillo upload would be possible in the future?

Excellent initiative!

73,
--Alex KR1ST