[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants

Alex kr1st at amsat.org
Mon Jul 17 20:42:02 EDT 2006

Radiosporting Fan quoted:

>> why do you
>> persist in promotingyour proprietary scoreboard
>> system, knowing that it will not interoperate with
>> the system being developed by the working group.

So there's a system "being developed" and a system that is
*operational*, and someone wonders why the operational system is being
promoted? Gee, yeah, why on earth would someone make that much sense?

Ev, you should have promoted the system that is not here yet and could
not have been used this past weekend. When will you learn? ;-)

Radiosporting Fan wrote:

> In a nutshell...I see RFSport.com's system as a nice
> "first generation" to use today (and get used to
> realtime scoreboards), while the XML project's team
> works on the second generation.

Exactly! It is of course immensely ironic that someone would complain
about a competing application which is supposed to stimulate competition.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com