[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF from KC9BQA EN63ao

J999w at aol.com J999w at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 15:23:12 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/18/06 10:48:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
sprinkies at excel.net writes:

<<  Then it got to where I was just feeling like junk.  I couldn't even
 say the "Quebec" in my phonetics properly. >>

Ahhhh the joys of CW are reveiled!  You'd be looking for the bag of pretzels
while the computer is happily CQing for 'ya. Type in the call, hit return,
then pour some more soda.  :^]

<< Oh yeah -- I need to make a few changes.  1)  Somehow learn to
 utilize whatever those CQ machines are.  It's just too much talking,
 calling CQ manually 1000's of times.  2)  Get dialed in with a headset
 that has the mike right in front of my yapper -- all hands-free.  I'm
 amazed I don't have to see a chiropractor, after holding the mic with
 one hand and typing in calls with the other hand.>>

Yup, if you're gonna be hard core, invest in a W9XT contest card and a Heil
headset.
Worth their weight in gold if you're gonna go all out for any amount of time.
I don't have that stuff here, but have found it indispensible in multi-op
efforts in the past.

Job well done, congrats.

John K9RZZ