[VHFcontesting] impedance transformer

Paul N1BUG paul_n1bug at verizon.net
Sat Jul 22 18:34:50 EDT 2006

Ed,

Since you have already run the lines and probably cut them to some
preferred length, you may not want to do this. But for what it's
worth I don't bother with the matching sections any more. If you cut
the line to a multiple of a half wavelength (which must be done
experimentally unless you have access to some fancy test equipment)
it will repeat the impedance of the load. 50 ohm antenna, CATV line
cut to a multiple of a half wavelength = 50 ohms at the shack end of
the line.

73,
Paul N1BUG