[VHFcontesting] And So It Begins...

T. M. k7xc at charter.net
Sat Jul 22 19:07:37 EDT 2006

And so it begins......

As anyone who has been in "Escrow Hell" before can tell you... the not
knowing, the waiting, the endless barrage of phone calls and faxes, The
steady stream of "What Ifs" that go thru your mind, The packing of
everything not immeadiately needed, The reducing your life to a couple boxes
of stuff to be grabbed at the last minute, all of it has lead to the point
where I am today...

Today I began packing up the Amateur Radio station in preparation for moving
to our new home, hopefully next Friday evening. All that will be left
operational untill the last minute will be one 12V supply, a barefoot IC746,
The Tower Trailer, The current assortment of HF/VHF antennas, rotor control
box, the computer and finally the Internet connection.

Everything else... The AM6154 and AM6155 amps, coaxial relays, the test
equipment, the coaxial adapters,  Coaxial Jumper cables, the brick amps, the
assortment of wattmeters, preamps, power cables, key lines, IF cables,
probes, a huge assortment of misc cables, the WSJT interfaces, the WSJT
switchbox, FM radios, IC706mkIIg 220/432 station, the 2nd 12V supply, The
beacons projects for 6, 2, 222, and 432, 222 transverter, soldering station,
tools, spare parts... everything that goes into a fully stocked HF/VHF
contest station and workbench will be packed into bright blue plastic totes
and carted off to storage... Tonight.

Mind you, the indoor/outdoor electronic thermometer on the wall says its 113
F in the shade on the front porch and 85 inside (Thats with the swamp cooler
at full tilt boogie)

Next friday begins the joy of moving whats left, the BIG HEAVY stuff to
either the house, or if Escrow is delayed - into Another storage unit.

Assuming we are done moving next weekend, next begins the joy of unpacking
EVERYTHING and establishing a new, AND LARGER, contest station while
attending to the little things I need to fix once the house is ours... like
carpet, roofing, some electrical, and other misc fixes....

Somewhere in here I have to still find the energy to go to work 5 days a
week, find time to eat, sleep and enjoy the company of my lady Rosie who has
been a real trooper throughout this entire ordeal.

So friends, Today I bid a temporary goodbye to grid chasing on 222 / 432
Mhz, and beginning next weekend will be Temporarily QRT on all bands until
sometime in mid August (With any luck).

I look forward to Fall when I can resume a more relaxed lifestyle with
cooler temperatures, antennas in the air again, and the station back to it
former level of operation.

73s de Tim - K7XC - from the extremely HOT and Humid DM09ol... sk
"One who fears limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to
more intelligently begin again." -Henry Ford