[VHFcontesting] DSL router/VHF-UHF noise question

Paul N1BUG paul_n1bug at verizon.net
Sun Jul 30 05:42:50 EDT 2006

David Ashworth wrote:
> Anyone using a nice RF quiet four port DSL router?  Wonder
> what brand/model works for you?

I'm using a D-Link DI-604. I operate 13 bands from 1.8 (??!!) to 432
MHz  and have not yet found any interference from the router. I have
carefully checked the weak signal portions of the four V/UHF bands
by powering the router on/off while monitoring a very weak signal
source with my antennas pointed toward the router. I found no sign
of any noise from it. Your results may vary! I should probably note
that my 144 and 222 antennas are some distance from the router --
about 90 feet away horizontally and 75 feet above. The 50 and 432
antennas are lower and closer.

Now if only I could get the video/monitors on two of my computers to
stop making so much noise on 6 meters! Grrr! (and yes, I checked for
noise from the router/network with these known noise makers off so
as not to mask any possible noise from the router)

73,
Paul N1BUG