[VHFcontesting] 432 and UHF contest

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 18:10:09 EDT 2006

Get on the air and be active, no matter what your power and antenna. I have
worked several stations on both 222 and 440FM with low power walkies in the
past. I have worked stations on 903 and 1296 who were using flea power with
service monitors and various multipliers. Get started somehow, and if the
bug bites you, the future may hold more bands, more power and bigger
antennas and a high location! It's getting more folks on the air that makes
it more fun for everyone. Admittedly, there are parts of the country where
activity is thin on UHF, but you gotta start somewhere. Rick, K1DS