[VHFcontesting] Roving Roving Roving Central and So Cal this weekend

Dave Glenn glenn.d at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 01:43:58 EDT 2006

Once again the rover team on N6TEB and KE6HPZ will hit the grids this
upcoming weekend with everything from 6 meters to 10GHz including all the
weird ones in between. Heck, we will even point the lasers your way if you
want to give it a shot.

Last year we took first place Nationally for the June contest and passed out
many many points. Thanks to all those who worked us.
Traveling along the same route will be N6DN with AD6HT as the second op this
time out.

WB6JDH will be running along for the first part of the route for as long as
his XYL can stand it:)

Appox time frames:
DM15, DM14, DM04 and DM05 from the start of the contest 11am till about 3
then heading north through Tehachapi.
DM06, CM96, DM07 with a great shot to the Bay area around 7 to 9pm local
then possibly CM97 around 11pm.
Sunday will have us traveling across DM06 to CM95 and CM96 by 10am till 1pm
then high tail it as quick as we can back to the LA Basin to hit DM13 and
finish up around 6 or 7pm at Signal Hill DM03

We will be monitoring the fm freq's when in densely populated areas so give
us a shout even if limited to FM.

All bands can be run while in motion but better distances are possible when
stopped and we use the yagi's

Bands
50, 144, 222, 432, 902, 1.2GHz, 2304, 3456, 5760, 10GHz and light.

Dust off those transverters and see if we can help you get VUCC in one
weekend.

73
Dave,
N6TEB