[VHFcontesting] W3USA/R Plans

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 11:41:35 EDT 2006

The contest weekend for me is more occupied with my daughter's graduation
from Ohio University on Saturday morning.  However, approaching this as an
opportunity, I'm going to try to take the IC-746 and loop antennas along to make
at least a few qsos using the W3USA club call. Since the van will be filled
with  her furniture and other junk, I can't take any other equipment, so it will
be 6  and 2 only.

Athens OH is in EM89.  Depending on schedules (parties afterward that  I
don't have to attend) there is an outside chance I may head 25 miles further
south to Mason WV and the corner of EM88 and EM98. On the way back we'll be
passing through EM99, EN90, and EN91.

If I have any energy left I'll be on from home Saturday night and/or Sunday
with my own call.

73  -  Jim   K8MR