[VHFcontesting] FN55 N1BUG contest plans

David ke4yyd at gtcom.net
Wed Jun 7 17:57:03 EDT 2006

Jim,

I have been VHF contesting for a little over a decade now with primary
interest on 2m with a smidgen of 6m and 432.  I know with my low power and
lack of bands I  have little hope of winning anything big but I have found
that by concentrating on 2 meters I have been able get a North Florida 2 m
winner certificate from ARRL in every contest that I entered except three.
That's about 27 out of 30 winners. If I had QSYed  to 6 meters during
openings I would not have been able to compete with the big guys and I would
have lost my advantage on. 2 meters.

My advice to the little guy is to concentrate on one band and make it as
good as you can.  If 6 meters is your best band then fine.

David
KE4YYD