[VHFcontesting] WW1M/R

Bruce Herrick bdh at teleport.com
Sat Jun 10 01:26:48 EDT 2006

Well...I will be out there...pressures on a number of fronts have kept
me from getting Rover 3.0 together in time for the June contest.  The
1296 aerial is ready but the radio is not.  The 222 transverter is
working well but I need to solve some interface issues and haven't had
time, so it's back to FM for this year.

But, with my impending move to New England, this will be my last rove
along the front range for the forseeable future, so I wasn't ready to
throw in the towel.  Therefore, I will head out tomorrow with the same
setup as Rover 2.0 - bottom 4, FM only on 222, all KB6KQ loops.  But
I'll have fun anyway.  Hope you all do too.

I'll start in DM78, move to DM88, DM89, and DM79.  Times are dependent
on whether 6 is open.  Might even make a few Qs in DN70 near my house
before I shut down for the night.  Morning will bring DN70, DN71, DN81,
and DN80.

Listen for the weak ones!  Maybe we'll even have another opening to JA...

73,

Bruce WW1M/R