[VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

Alex extraham at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 10:19:29 EDT 2006

This issue can be resolved in about two breaths. The issue is really made more complex then it has to be.

Ron Klimas WZ1V wrote:

>Personally, if I were tasked to do something about this:
>I'd lean towards adding language like "the exclusive use of 144.200 and
>it's guard bands should be discouraged".

Exactly. Although I'd drop the word exclusive and specify a frequency range like the .198 to .202 as you mentioned also.

And from now on the national calling frequency for contesters is 144.205 Mhz.

There! Solved!

By now I think everyone knows what the pro and cons are. Just make a decision and stick with it.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com