[VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 12:06:03 EDT 2006

Pity those who think that staying on .200 is actually a good
idea for being competitve. Regardless of their power or
antennas.

As for a rule change to prohibit .200 use I simply don't see
any need for it. Those who stay there are really only
shooting themselves in the foot. This is true even if you are
in a lower activity area. Because if the band opens to a more
populus area where the ops are spread out (i.e. most of the
bigger guns) you might not ever find out about the opening at
all if you are only sticking to .200.

FWIW those who turn in the bigger scores here in the upper
midwest are NOT the ones who are sitting on .200 for the
entire contest. For that matter a majority of the .200
activity that I do see on .200 are the folks who just drop in
to hand out Q's for an hour or two. Those in there for the
whole weekend aren't constantly on .200 though they may come
and go from it every now and then.

Duane
N9DG