[VHFcontesting] 144.200 During VHF Contests

Cal Cotner cal.jsi at verizon.net
Wed Jun 21 21:23:14 EDT 2006

     My personal opinion is that the rules should be left alone in this
respect.  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing the probition on use
of 146.52 during contests be lifted.  But that's a slightly different
matter.
     The VUAC would better concentrate their efforts on increasing the use
of the weak signal modes on VHF.  As for VHF FM, there isn't all that much
activity on repeaters or simplex, courtesy I think of  the widespread use of
cell phones.
     OK, flame suit on <g>.
72/73,
Cal K4JSI