[VHFcontesting] QSO's needed for FD at VE3UOT

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Thu Jun 22 08:55:11 EDT 2006

The Hart House ARC from University of Toronto will be operating Field Day from the Hart House Farm, FN03as.  In addition to hf, they will be operating in the vhf-uhf-microwave areas too, and seek those who can provide qso's on any of the bands.

I will be there with the Rovermobile, but have not seen or operated at the site since 1965 with Hans VE3CRU and bands up to 432.  Obviously, much has changed and microwave paths were not in the picture then.  The bands above hf will be as follows:

6 - 100 watts to 3 elmts
2 - 100 watts to 12 elmts (910H)
223.5 - 20 watts to 16 elmts
432 -75 watts to 22 elmts (910H)
903 if taken - 10 watts to 34 looper
1296 - 10 watts to pair of 45 loopers (910H)
10 ghz - DB6NT tvtr to DB6NT 5 watt amp

I lost the path software when replacing the computer.  Please provide us with a beam heading for 10 ghz when replying so I can check for best path location.
Note that polarization can be changed rapidly for 144-222-432 as required.

Looking forward to contacts.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU for VE3UOT