[VHFcontesting] Contesting in general

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 17:19:38 EDT 2006

--- "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would contend that with the limited number of FM
> contacts being made now there is no threat that
> 146.52 is under siege by a few big guns.

This makes a ton of sense from our perspective.  I
would offer that 2-meters is used as a local
communication utility band and that .52 (due in part
to the contest ban, btw) is often used for search and
rescue training, etc and should have a guarded
frequency to operate on even during contest times.

I would offer that the ban on .52 remain HOWEVER
remove the prohibition of soliciting contest contacts
there (and maybe even on repeaters).  The reason for
that rule has long since been either forgotten or
antiquated.

Ev, W2EV