[VHFcontesting] FM in VHF Contesting

David Erickson erickson+vhf at mddsg.com
Fri Jun 23 13:43:36 EDT 2006

As a rover,  since we operate from alot of mountains or high locations
during the contests,  We always keep a listen out on the FM simplex
frequencies just to boost our Q count.  In our new rover we will be using
a triband vertical for 2/222/432 and have that hooked up to a Kenwood
TM-742AD with the same bands in it and scanning the simplex frequencies.
That way if we hear someone call CQ Contest then we can jump on it and
grab those extra points.

73's
Dave
W3DIO