[VHFcontesting] Propoer use of Call Frequencies

Ron Hooper w4wa at alltel.net
Sun Jun 25 07:04:34 EDT 2006

I would like to ask some questions to make sure I understand some things.

1. What is the current suggested protocol for using the call frequencies in
contest now and why does it not work?

2. What is the new proposed use of calling frequencies during a contest?
Will all call frequencies become like 146.52 is now and only those not in
the contest be allowed to use them?

3. How will eliminating the use of call frequencies in the contest benefit
the contester or does it?

4. Does the proposed rule change include 222, 902, 1296 and higher? I assume
the rule change will apply to all VHF/UHF/Microwave/Sprint/CQ & ARRL
contest.

5. How can a new call frequency rule be enforced? Emample: Several FD
operators are operating in the DX portion of six meters today without any
penility to their score.

Ron W4WA