[VHFcontesting] 4 metres

Derrick Belbas ve4vv at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 26 13:04:29 EDT 2006

Hi all.

Although I have only a minor interest in that 70-ish MHz band (I'd really
like to see some action from our feds re 60m, but that's a long way away), I
recall that a radio amateur friend..  this is early '70's, was told by our
licensing authority of the day that 70-ish was available to us, IF an
amateur licence was in the mix, and only for RC of airplanes, etc.  Such
silly regs, and others equally so, are still with us here.  e.g., we can't
get 2X1 calls, because of the "prestige" issue.  and so on.  Good grief.

73..

still working on the new tower for just V/U/and more 10m

derrick
winnipeg

VE4VV
VC4X (rented at $60/use)