[VHFcontesting] Proper use of Call Frequencies

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Mon Jun 26 14:33:46 EDT 2006

It isn't a contest, according to the ARRL, and they are right in
the strictest sense, in that it is an exercise in emergency
communications.

Certainly *most* people only go out into the field on this day.
I've been the cheerleader in our club to get out and participate
in the four summer VHF+ contests as a portable station, and
have been gathering more interest each contest, it seems.

But yeah, FD sure looks like a contest, doesn't it.  Thats OK
with me--whatever it takes to get people from their nice
comfortable places and out into a new situation where they
have to think about how to do everything.

So FD is both.    Me, I'll spend more time wondering how to get
more club members out for the CQ VHF contest, then the UHF
contest, and finally the Sept VHF contest. ;-)

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82