[VHFcontesting] 4 Meter band -- Better idea

Fisher, Mike Mike.Fisher at marriott.com
Tue Jun 27 13:39:45 EDT 2006

> 4 meter band sounds good, except for those pesky Channel 4 and 5 TV
transmitters:-).

> 72-74 MHz seems loosly allocated and is between TV4 and TV5 and part
of the allocation for Portugal.  Even if limited to <100 watts, it would
be very cool to have access to.  Oh well, what are the chances, really?
:)

Rather than start a NEW band, why not use the 1.23cm (220) band. A few
of my VHF buddies and I used 220 FM to ragchew most nights.

Frequencies are like brain cells -- if we don't use them we lose them.

Thanks for you time and may God bless.
Mike Fisher  N3VOP   FM19