[VHFcontesting] W9ZRX June VHF Contest (Long)

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 29 06:01:50 EDT 2006

Dave

Google "Falling derrick" Might give you some ideas as to how to put up
something higher.

A couple of Field Days ago I demonstrated the method.  We had a 40 ft
Delhi tower with an AlfaSPID rotator, an old TH3 tribander, and a
2m/70cm gain vertical mounted above the tribander.  I put the whole
thing up myself, no climbing.  All the youngsters were impressed to see
that a 70 yr old could do this.  (I think that they're also impressed
that a 70 yr old can remember his own name, making it doubly gratifying.)

Anyway, just a thought.  It does take quite a while to rig.  The key is
to use 4-way guying instead of 3.

73, Jim Smith	VE7FO