[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest 2005 Results

w1xx at cox.net w1xx at cox.net
Tue May 2 08:43:33 EDT 2006

This is in response to recent postings by K9JK and N4HY...which were quite timely.

Acting on an April 2 suggestion from TA2RX, CQ Magazine Editor W2VU has advised me that the policy to post contest scores on the web after publication was being expanded to include the CQ WW VHF Contest.  Good news!  Obviously, CQ wants to sell magazines and contest results are a major selling point.  Contest sponsorship is a major committment and expense.  Therefore, after a lag time of about two months from publication....so as not to take away any value from those who do subscribe...the results will be posted on line at the CQ website:  www.cq-amateur-radio.com.

As the Results article in the April issue indicates, interest and participation -- worldwide -- continues to grow in this 6- and 2-meter only contest.  We actually have a need now for some volunteers to assist in the log processing procedures.  If interested, please contact the undersigned.

The 2006 CQ WW VHF Contest will be held July 15-16 with the full announcement in June CQ.  For updates check the dedicated contest website:  www.cqww-vhf.com.  73!

John Lindholm, W1XX
CQ WW VHF Contest Director