[VHFcontesting] poll cont...

Radioman radioman at frpd.org
Tue Nov 7 09:54:40 EST 2006

Its amazing what some people would do for wood and paper on the walls..
i guess, learning and with trials, making your station better, is
long gone along with the gentlemen ham...

i have lots of respect for rovers, its a tough job, iv seen the movies
and the
PIC's, they take a chance on getting arrested and charged with all kinds of
stupid home land security  (guilty until proven other wise) laws

But  i out right refuse to work the captive rovers or big guns
sponsoring captive rovers...
after contesting for a few years you get to know who is doing what, so thats
my fix, and its catching on, i see many more stations doing the same
thing here
on the east coast, quietly lowering their contacts and ignoring them

and YES, there are allot of stations they could have worked but don't,
many rovers work large groups all the way up the bands, and yet ive
hrd a rover with many stations calling him work only one special station
then leave,  missing all the others with new grids...

i know i was selected for the poll, and after seeing some of the poll
questions
i bailed just because of these never ending threads that start fights
and 100 meg
of band with

Tony