[VHFcontesting] [Roving...]

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Wed Nov 8 13:16:43 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:53:21AM -0800, Paul Kiesel wrote:

> The ARRL contest desk would not attempt to explain why
> any rule was made. Instead, they pointed me toward my
> Division Director (now SK) who, I am sorry to say, was
> simply clueless about these matters and was not
> interested in helping.

The ARRL Contest Branch only administers the contests,
they do not create the rules.  Contest rules are created
by a subset of the ARRL Board of Directors (those on the
Membership Services Committee).

The scenario you describe would be like asking an FBI
agent why Congress passed a particular law.  She could
certainly hold a personal opinion on the subject, of
course, but would have no official role of representation.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/