[VHFcontesting] WB8BZK/R September VHF Contest Plans

Mike Metroka VHFRover at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 22:38:08 EDT 2006

WB8BZK/R plans to be roving the September VHF contest starting out at
Hillcrest Park (old Nike site) in EN53va Waukesha, WI about 14 miles west of
Milwaukee. I'll operate from there for about two and a half hours then move
11 miles east towards Milwaukee to Wick Field Park to operate from EN63ab
stating at 2130Z for about an hour.

At about 2300Z I will operate mobile while heading south to Illinois on
I-94.  I plan to arrive at Nichol Knoll EN62ad in Arlington Hts, IL at about
0115Z where I will operate for about two hours until just before the park
closes at 0400Z.

Sunday morning I will operate for about three hours starting at about 1300Z
on a Reimer hill in Palatine, IL (EN52xc) which is about 27 miles northwest
of downtown Chicago.

I'll then move south to a hill at the Greene Valley hill in EN51xr near
Woodridge, IL (about 26 miles SW of Chicago). I'll operate from this
location starting at about 17:40Z for about three hours.

I'll make a short stop at EN61ax to activate this grid for about an hour
starting at 2200Z.

The final stop will be at about 0030Z where I will once again be back at
EN62ad and I will operate from there until the contest is over.

Bands will include 100W 50 (Loop), 125W 144 (Loop & 4 el), 25W 223.5 FM
(vertical), 120W 222 (4 el & loop), 70W 432 (10 el & stacked loops), and 35W
1296 (21 el & 3 el).  Unfortunately, my 903 transmitter is still out of
commission.  I'll monitor 223.5 FM continuously (please give me a shout if
you don't hear me on the other bands).

Best of luck to everyone in the contest, Mike WB8BZK/R