[VHFcontesting] 222 contest

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 00:39:12 EDT 2006

I forgot to put my antenna on the roof for this contest.  Its in the
driveway. Well actually I was hoping to switch to a quad for 222.  However
for reasons I wont go into right now, dont bother buying a cubex antenna.
The new ownership isnt so great which is why I only had an elk 432 antenna
in the september contest instead of a stacked pair of quads.

I'd unpack the 736 and fire up some loops but I have been working 80 hour
weeks since the contest.  Which is why I forgot to put the 222 antenna back
on the roof.  Sorry if I was the only hope for cn86, however theres a bunch
on the fm simplex frequency in longview if you have the horsepower to break
thier squelch. But only do so if thats in the rules.

I could stand on the roof with my vx7  handheld turn the rubber duckie
sideways and work you on AM  with 300 mw. Or I could go to bed. But most vhf
radios that have 222 dont have am. Hmmm.... when will they make a ssb
handheld if mine now has AM? I digress.

73s
Frank