[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

Howard W3CQH hgorden at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 26 21:24:46 EDT 2007

First time in a long time that I had some fun being a rover in a sprint.
Since I have been diagnosed with MDS - I dragged the xyl along just in case
of an emergency.  She was bored most of the time.
I was very surprised that I was able to work all of these stations with only
20w and a 2m antenna.  The only drawback to the whole operation was the cost
of the petrol!
73's Hope to work you in the 50Mhz Sprint & the June contest.
I think that next time I should start off in the rarer grid first.

Call: W3CQH/R
Club: PVRC
Equip: IC706MKIIg - 20w on 432
ANT: 2m BIG WHEEL - horiz pol

>From FM19 worked 17 Q's & 4 Grds- FN10, FM08, FM18, FM19
>From FM09 worked 6  Q's & 5 Grds- FN00, FN21, FM08, FM09, FM18

Total operating time: 1900 - 2238 including driving time.