[VHFcontesting] N8AG/R - 432 Sprint Results

Dave Agsten w4txs at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 20:04:31 EDT 2007

         Good conditions and lots of fun. Had 30 contacts and 16 multipliers from two grids. 480 points.
           Best contact was with my brother, W8TXT, in EN81pl from FM08us. Mike was 599 into Virginia. He was running his EME setup of 4 - 23 element modified K1FOs at about 20 feet and a K2RIW design homebrew amp. He only worked a few stations in the Mid-Atlantic area, one in FM07. He also worked a station in Wisconsin. Some stations tried to call him on SSB and never switched to CW. Because of his EME setup with filtering and sequencing he could not operate SSB. I'm guessing those SSB ops didn't operate CW????? CW is a GREAT mode on 432 and, for that matter, on any VHF/UHF band. Keep the old straight key handy and check down below 432.100.

  I was running 50 watts from a TS-2000x to a Directive Systems 15 element "Rover Special". ( Also a K1FO design)  I also switched over to a pair of stacked Par Electronics OA-432 omni antennas and was still able to work my brother in Ohio.

  C U agn fer 1296 during the microwave sprint de Dave, N8AG/R