[VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting

Ben - ne5B NE5B at texasparadise.com
Fri Aug 10 16:36:01 EDT 2007

my 2 cents worth..

Rovers with APRS?  What's the big deal - I view it as the same as using the DX Clusters looking for multipliers in HF contests....

So what if APRS gives fixed stations a slight advantage it helps the Rovers the most, and what's wrong with that?   Seems to me that the rovers are expending a lot of effort and these days expen$e for gasoline, so why not give them a little more  advantage?

What about those that use cell phones to call their buddies so they can work the new grid square?  You know it happens.   With APRS everyone came have the same advantage!

73 Ben - ne5B

Sent via the WebMail system at texasparadise.com