[VHFcontesting] contest plan.

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 13:17:46 EDT 2007

Many people post thier plans here, there is no rule against it and welcome
to roving and the reflector.

I have posted routes here before.  Give yourself pleant of time at each
location or just list an order of places your going to. Something always
screws up the timeing anyway.

Philisophically posting could be seen as spotting or self spotting in kind
to the discussion of ARPS on the board here. However at home I can hee a
call and look it up on QRZ.com to see where to aim the beam. One could lok
on DX clusters, which is against the rules but unenforcable. They shouyld be
shut down during contests.... I digress.

The funny thing as a rover I get accustomed of where everyone lives and I
turn the beam based on my knowlege of thier home qth and I remember whee to
aim. Which is another form of self spotting. Digressing again.....

But the activity is fun and theres new people from time to time to keep you
guessing. You will learn to know where and who the targets are and the fun
thing may be to see how far away from then you can work them  without going
to a place you can work no-one.

I sometimes post plans but usually break them anyway because of band
conditions or road conditions or the discovery of activity in new places
(portables or rovers).

Anyway I'd be curious to see your plan in california.  If they change the
rover rules I'd go there and compete.

k3uhf