[VHFcontesting] "stuck rover bonus points"

Stephen Hicks, N5AC n5ac at n5ac.com
Mon Aug 20 09:13:49 EDT 2007

I can't emphasize how much fun it is to have a scanner in your vehicle when
you rove that will find a close signal.  Bearcat calls this feature "close
call" and it scans the band and locks onto anything with a signal above a
threshhold and automatically determines the modulation scheme whether it's
FM, AM, P25, etc.  I ride with a 996T.  The speculations from law
enforcement are so much fun to listen to!

Steve, N5AC