[VHFcontesting] DC Power Distribution

Ray J ray at w9ray.org
Wed Aug 29 18:39:50 EDT 2007

what are you talking about?
 did you read the article??

/The report it says the /Avestor battery's are in all likely hood better
than other battery's that they could have used..

 /"After one of our network equipment batteries malfunctioned in Houston
last year, we retained one of the nation's leading engineering and
scientific consulting firms to investigate the issue, along with a
subsequent incident, and advise the company as to the risk of continued
usage of the battery in question. /

/The final report was issued/ [to AT&T] /last week. The third-party firm
found that the battery design was sound, as were the safety features,
and concluded that the risk of hazardous failures with this battery is
as low, if not lower, than the risk with alternative batteries, which
are used by other telecommunications and cable companies in similar
applications. "
/

/
remember..
/

Almost any battery can explode under the right conditions..
 the  Lead acid ones everyone uses now... can be quite dangerous...

And I doubt  anyone is going to be buying large Lithium-metal polymer
battery packs to power the rover , unless they are made from $$$$$...

W9RAY