[VHFcontesting] DC Power Distribution

Rusty Boling ae4bk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 13:00:30 EDT 2007

I am sure this has probably already been discusses before I ever joined the list, but here it goes anyway:

In ref to rover power systems, does anyone use a DC to DC power converter to raise a roughly 12 battery output voltage to approx 13.8V to power radios to their preferred voltages?  I have seen where some will convert lets say 12.5v down to 10.5v up to 13v-15v for whatever is needed.  It seems like something like this would be great for rovers if they do not produce any RFI as they would allow you to get more use out of your radio battery bank without recharging as often.  I am aware of the potential issues w/ the battery bank being excessively discharged.  Might save a bunch of fuel and allow the rigs/amps to run at full power longer.

  Rusty NE4ME