[VHFcontesting] Roving rules questions

Matt Butcher kc3wd at arrl.net
Sun Dec 16 14:12:33 EST 2007

Well, I'm not TOO new at this but...

The Rover changes seem to be a bit of a tack on, but this may be fine by me.

The way I read it there are now Three rover categories. Rover, Limited
Rover, and Unlimited Rover.

As a 10 band rover usually operating solo or with a partner I'm
looking forward to continuing to compete in the Rover category.

I expect there will be relatively few entries in the Unlimited Rover
class as this will be where grid circle pack roves can compete amongst
themselves.

Hopefully the Limited Rover class will allow some more participation
and a way to get started and compete.

Overall I'm hopeful that this is a good thing! (we will find out over 2008)

73's and Happy Holidays.

Matt Butcher / kc3wd