[VHFcontesting] CSVHFS Reverse VUCC award

Bruce Richardson w9fz at w9fz.com
Thu Feb 15 13:39:14 EST 2007

By the way, while yes, there are some limited ways in which the ARRL VUCC
award can be earned by rovers, CSVHFS created an award FOR rovers that
has many similarities to the ARRL award.

You can find info about the award on the CSVHFS website.
http://www.csvhfs.org
http://www.csvhfs.org/CSVHFVUC.HTML (specifically)

The award was created as a way to recognize rovers who do SO MUCH for
fixed stations by activating many grids.  With that original goal in
mind, the rules were constructed to reward behaviors that benefitted
fixed stations--not manufacture rover to rover activity.  While I'll
admit that some rovers don't like our rules, we are in the midst of long
debate with modification of the rules likely. But take a look at the
award and if it sounds like something you'd be interested in, getting
your Rover cards together and getting an award that recognizes your many
activations might be something you'd be interested in.

Yes, I kept all my cards that "did me no good"--till now and I now
organize my cards getting close to some certificates and endorsements on
different bands for the Reverse VUCC (VUCC/r) Award.  Trust me, the
VUCC/r award is a DIFFICULT award to earn--as difficult or more so than
the ARRL VUCC. But when you've earned it, you have something of honor.
The high bands are easier to earn VUCC/r than the lower bands.  Get in on
the ground floor and be one of the first recipients of the award on any
band.

If you need to discuss what you find there (on the CSVHFS site) about the
award, please reply to me directly rather than here.  Although an open
discussion of the award and the rules would probably be appropriate on
the ROVER reflector.

We think the VUCC/r fills a recognition need--rovers who activate MANY
grids to benefit fixed stations.

Respectfully offered,
Bruce Richardson W9FZ