[VHFcontesting] TS2000X question

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 18:11:41 EST 2007

I've got similar problems with the PHEMTs in the front-ends of the
144,222 and 432 Elecraft transverters (50 Mhz has a bandpass filter
and seems immune). I've not tried Dave's power meter idea (I will as
soon as it warms up!) but I'm pretty sure it's adjacent-band energy.

I'm in the process of moving T/R external to the transverter, and
using the unused relay to ground the gate on the unselected
transverters. Since we only use one of the 4 low bands at a time,
that's an easier solution for me .. and uses less room :)

de w1rt/john