[VHFcontesting] CQ-VHF Rule

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre at att.net
Mon Jul 16 21:34:51 EDT 2007

John Lindholm wrote:

> I also note that Dex in the original inquiry did not propose a specific
> scenario in which he proposes to transfer RF from the transmitter to the
> antenna without wires.  CQ-VHF is always open to innovation and should
> there be a proposal that meets the higher good of the contest, we'd be
> happy to entertain any such suggestion.

I personally do not have a situation where this rule would
be a problem.  Even when using a "flyswatter" on the
microwave bands the actual antenna is still connected to the
transmitter.  The flyswatter is just a reflector.  It just
seems to me there should be provisions in the rules for
someone who puts enough effort into engineering and
operating a remote station at least from one location.  Also
what about remote operation of a home station via IP?   I
know an avid VHFer who's job  probably keeps him away from
his home most of the time.  Would this rule prohibit him
from submitting a log?  I think I understand the original
intent of the rule but we sure don't want to stifle activity.

Dex