[VHFcontesting] Rovertech mounting

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:07:14 EDT 2007

My van has top mast at 12' 4" when travelling and it extends to top out at
17' when stationary. I have travelled on highways and back roads in a radius
of about 350 miles from my home QTH near Philly without problems except for
the following special situations:
Mountain roads with short trees that are untrimmed at the start of the
season when roads are opened but have not yet been cleared.
January contest when tree limbs are often laden with snow and hanging down.
Beware there are gas stations with low lying overhangs that can be
hazardous, and there are certain well marked bridges and tunnels with
clearances that are less than 12' 4"    Rick, K1DS/R