[VHFcontesting] K9ZF /R back in action!

Dan_K9ZF n9rla at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 20:15:36 EDT 2007

Hi All,

After much too long an absence, K9ZF /R will be back in action again
this weekend!

I'm keeping the plans pretty simple.  I will start the contest from a
hilltop in EM78bp.  This is one of my favorite spots in a National Park
near Henryville, IN.  It is nearly 1000 feet elevation, which is huge in
Indiana.  I'll stay here for the first few hours of the contest and,
propagation permitting, head for my second grid.

I'll spend the early evening hours Saturday in my second grid, EM68wo.
This is a city park in Salem, IN that is around 900+ feet elevation, and
has a great horizon.  I'll spend the evening here, and as activity drops
I'll head home for the night.

Sunday morning I'll start the day in EM69vd, in Brown county Indiana.
Another state park hilltop, with a great view.

Sometime along late morning or early afternoon I'll head for EM79.  I'm
not sure of the exact location in EM79, but it will be somewhere near
the southwest corner of the grid.

I'll finish the contest from EM79, although I may pick up a few contacts
passing through EM78 on the way home at EM78el.

All new equipment here.  This will be the first Rover trip for my "new"
truck.  Also the first trip for my "new" Rover rig, an FT897D.  And my
first outing in a loooong time:-)

I will have 100 watts on 6m, with a Moxon Rectangle.
2m will have 50 watts and 10 elements.

Now to send an offering to the propagation gods...

Good luck to all,

73
Dan
--