[VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Contest, a two band contest

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 19:21:43 EDT 2007

----- Original Message ----

I suppose I am at a loss as to why anyone would think the two band format is better for beginners?  If 432 MHz were available more contacts could be made by participating stations, how could that be bad?

Eric,
I'm not certain that it is limited to just beginners, and "better" is a relative term.  Because it is only two bands, it changes the dynamics of the event.  Strategies are different, which adds to the fun (for me, anyway).  Additionally, it is a truly international event...which I like, too.

Bravo, CQ!

Ev, W2EV