[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF 6 m condx

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Jul 24 08:18:57 EDT 2007

Hi Curt,

It was great to work you once more this past weekend!

What year did you and Mike W9IP and others operate from the press box at
the University of Illinios stadium for the January contest? Weren't
conditions pretty good in that one?

I believe that was the year after the local group of VHF'ers used the
110-foot fire-tower structure at the U of I Bondville field station and
got stranded up there by the blizzard for a few days. I forget how the
conditions were for that one. Alas, that tower was torn down a year or so
ago, just when I started inquiring about how I could use it for a contest.

73, Zack W9SZ